Looking for some fun artist gift ideas this season? Here are 12 artist gift ideas under $12 that your favorite creative will love to receive any time of year! These sets are for fine artists and hobbyists and everyone in between. And if you want to spend a bit more than $12, I’ve got you covered! So start reading to see what’s I’ve found today, then scroll to the bottom to find 16 more amazing artist gift ideas for every creative’s desire and budget.
Please know this post contains sponsored or affiliate links, and that I may earn a small commission on a qualifying purchase at no extra cost to you. All prices are accurate and items are in stock at the time of publication.
For Artists Who Love to Draw
- This 29 piece professional sketching and drawing kit includes graphite pencils, charcoal pencils, paper erasable pens, a craft knife and a roll-up fabric carrier.
READ MORE : 20 Gifts Under $20 for Artsy People
2. With 11 geometric drawing templates, you can quickly sketch floorplans, repeating patterns, or a variety of figures. The options are unlimited, and these templates come with a plastic pouch so you can carry them with you anywhere.
3. Excellent for adding texture, blending, or softening your drawings, this 33-piece set of blending stumps and tortillions will last for many years. The kit even comes with a blending sponge and a pencil extender, plus sandpaper and a kneaded eraser. The set includes a clear plastic pouch to keep everything together.
Artist Gift Ideas for Painters
4. There are 7 stainless steel palette knives in this set! The handles are made of beechwood and the knives themselves are flexible yet sturdy. Perfect for blending paint or doing palette knife painting directly on a surface.
5. This 13-piece acrylic mini-painting set comes with a 4″ x 6″ mini canvas, a small wooden easel, six tubes of acrylic paint, two paintbrushes, a wooden palette, a plastic palette knife, and a thin plastic apron. There is even a color mixing board included!
6. These water brushes are so easy to use! This 12-piece water brush set comes with six flat brushes and six sharp brushes. Each style has two small, medium, and large brushes. The handle fills with water, and these brushes work well with watercolor, acrylic, tempera, and gouache paints. They’re perfect for kids, students, amateur, and fine artists.
Artist Gift Ideas for Journaling, Scrapbooking, and Mixed Media Creatives
7. This 360-piece vintage scrapbooking paper set comes in six different styles, each with three different sizes. Mix and match, and fill your pages quickly and effortlessly with so many choices. This set is perfect for collage artists, scrapbooking, and journaling aficionados.
READ MORE : Challenge: No New Art Supplies for 1 Year
8. Mixed media artists will love this 9-piece stencil set! Each stencil measures 5″ x 5″ and can be used with a variety of materials including spray paint, inks, acrylics, gel mediums, and more.
9. Just think about what you can create with this 30-color gel pen set! The choices are endless with so many colors to choose from. There are four classic colors, six fluorescent, six pastels, six glitter, and eight metallic colors. The inks are acid-free and non-toxic, and they don’t fade, smear, or skip. They are kid-friendly too!
Artist Gift Ideas for Makers and DIY’ers
10. There are so many things you can make with this 2-part Epoxy Resin kit! The set comes with everything you need to start using this crystal clear medium. Explore making resin jewelry, decoupage, coated cutting boards, geode coasters, and even poured paintings – the options are endless!
11. This one-step Shibori tye-dye kit comes with three colors of dye (sky, gray, and indigo). Just add water and you’re ready to start creating! Great for tye-dye clothing, dishtowels, table napkins, headbands, scarves, pillows, and more.
12. Adults and kids will love this macrame kit that comes with two rolls of 3mm, 3-strand macrame cord, five wooden dowels, ten wooden rings in various sizes, and fifty polished wooden beads. The kit is perfect for making macrame hangers, dream catchers, wall-hangings, key chains, and even earrings.
READ MORE : Overcoming Artist Reception Anxiety
There’s Something for Everyone and Everything is Under $12
It doesn’t matter if you’re a fine artist, hobbyist, newbie maker, or an experienced craftsperson – this list is sure to ignite a spark of creativity in everyone! These sets will inspire imaginations in everyone, young or old – and make fun yet affordable gifts to give any time of year.
More Artist & Crafters Gift Sets for $$ – $$$
To find out where to purchase or learn more about any of these products, just click on a photo or one of the links above – and if you’re still stumped on what to get your favorite artistic genius, just send me an email. I’m happy to help you find the perfect gift.