As a long-time CFO (cooking for one) ninja, my biggest complaints are wasting food and cooking so much grub that I’m eating leftovers for a week.
It took me years before I realized there was a better way, and having the right kitchen tools and gadgets made cooking fun again instead of a dreaded chore.
With the right tools and information, cooking for one can be creative and fun! And cooking meals at home helps the budget and health by skipping the drive-thru and eating out all the time.
Here are a few of my favorite kitchen essentials for anybody who is cooking for one. These items helped me stop wasting food while educating me on cooking smaller, tastier meals.
My all-time favorite book is The Vegetarian Flavor Bible by Karen Page because it has an extensive list of what foods pair with others. Wondering what to make with those aging zucchinis and peppers? This book will give you plenty of great ideas.
And the best waste-stoppers ever are these 20 reusable plastic bags and the magnetic measurement conversion chart that sticks to the refrigerator. Now I never have to ruin another meal because I halved a recipe and measured the spices incorrectly!
I own most of these items and got the other ideas from my single friends who cook. Please share them with your favorite solo cooks and comment below with any more ideas or gadgets you recommend!
5. Compact and informative magnetic measurement conversion chart is a single cook’s new best friend!
6. Opt for the 3-Quart Instant-Pot instead of a larger one – this appliance is a necessity in every single cook’s kitchen.
7. This dry-erase magnetic menu and shopping planner sticks to your refrigerator and easily wipes clean.
8. If you live alone, you’ll know why this under-cabinet jar opener is absolutely essential in your kitchen!
9. Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking unlocks the mystery behind every successful recipe!
10. The Vegetarian Flavor Bible helps you pair ingredients that go well with each other, and helps avoid wasting food.
11. The Healthy Instant Pot Mini Cookbook has 100 healthy and delicious recipes for the 3-quart Instant Pot Mini!
12. Bake 60 different desserts in small portions with the Small Batch Baking book.
Having the right tools in the kitchen will help stop food waste and the dance with the dreaded leftovers. And let’s face it – cooking for one is a necessity for most of us singles. So if there’s a way to make it easier and fun, sign me up!
To find out where to purchase or learn more about any of these products – just click on the photo or the link. And if you have any questions or suggestions to add to this list, please leave me a comment or send me an email. I’d love to hear from you!
Next, I’ll be posting some time-saving tips for our CFO’s (cooking for one) experts. In the meantime, check out my delicious recipe for ravioli lasagna.
Please know this post contains sponsored or affiliate links, and that I may earn a small commission on a qualifying purchase at no extra cost to you. All prices are accurate and items are in stock at the time of publication.